Saturday, January 16, 2010

OMG!

I think it's funny that most societies have "bad words". What group of people decided that certain words are taboo? I don't go around sounding like a marine-sailor hybrid, but the occasional "bad word" has escaped me. The same people who think it is just so wrong to say these words are the same ones who use words like bootylicious, use FACEBOOK or TWEET as a verb, or use the phrase LOL when they aren't texting (I don't even like it in a text. If I can't tell you are being funny, well, then you're not). That's just poor grammar and lack of creativity on their part. But, I guess you could argue that saying a curse word when you are frustrated is also lack of creativity.

Whatever.

3 comments:

Petra said...

I was going to start this post with "lol", but I'll refrain! ;)

Several years ago, I pointed out to my parents, who have always said "bologna sausage", that it was the same as saying the other "bs". They claimed ignorance and said they NEVER would have been saying it if they realized. Yeah, sure - they never knew. Whatever.

:)

Stephanie Toth said...

I totally agree. It's the same as saying "Oh my gosh!".

Anonymous said...

Where did this come from?