Sunday, October 25, 2009


I go back to work this next week, and I will miss seeing my boys all day! I am excited to go back, yet sad at the same time. It's only part-time for about a month, then back to full time.

Andy had a trial run at daycare last week, staying for about 4 hours. There were no tears when we left, none while he was there the entire time! They said he was a sweet boy, was happy and smiling the entire time except for right before his nap. And he ate well (no big surprise). He won't go to daycare full time for awhile, but we thought we would try a mini-day when we were both around. We feel better about the whole thing seeing how well he did.

It's amazing how well Andy adapts. I think his foster family would be amazed to learn that he sleeps 11 hours at night without needing a bottle (he was being fed a bottle 2-3 times/night) and takes two naps every day. I don't think this has a lot to do with our parenting skills. We think Andy is just a low-key, no fuss kid who acclimates well to his surroundings. The transition to milk was super easy; next comes the cup. We are so lucky!




No comments: